This is the first Easter Elliot is actually able to participate in in all the festivities. It was quite entertaining to watch I have to say.
We took him to the Dinosaur Museum on Saturday for Easter Egg hunt. First of all, we had to stand in line for an hour just to get in. Elliot got really bored, and tried to run and cut through the line a number of times, but all his attempts were unsuccessful thanks to Justin. There were a couple distractions on the way, like a dude dressed in yellow dinosaur costume (Ell was very suspicious of him at first, but warmed up to him later and kept going over to give him hugs :)). Once we got inside, they only had empty eggs for the kids to pick up, I know, lame huh. Elliot figured it out pretty fast, so he just enjoyed running around and touching exhibits. Although at the end, when we turned our eggs in he got a balloon which he was very happy about (that kid loves balloons!!!)
Sunday morning we had him open his Easter Basket. Well, Elliot has a good taste in sweets. He picked out all the chocolate candy, and the rest (marshmallow peeps and jelly beans) was nicely passed over to dad! :))) I am pretty sure that is my trait :) ! Even with gestational diabetes I still can't stay away from that darn chocolate.
In the afternoon we decided to do our own Easter Egg Hunt. Yep, in our own backyard!!! (I guess I haven't mentioned it yet, but we did close on our house on Thursday. But I will post more about it later). I scattered the eggs around the yard while Justin distracted Elliot on the swing set. Well, Ell figured out pretty fast that there was a treat in each egg. He would pick up and open every egg, one at a time!!! It took us a while to find 20 eggs, even with constant reminder of what we were supposed to be doing. And of course, we ended up with all the jelly beans, and Elliot only ate chocolate! What a stinker!
Sorry, no pictures of our new house. But I will post some, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment